Saturday 4 January 2020

New Year, New hobby

 Hello, welcome to anyone who has stumbled across my new blog. In this blog I would like to share with you some of my favourite things to do ,every year I like to try a new craft ,last year was needle felting and I have become a bit obsessed, I am also an avid reader and always have a couple of books on the go,at the moment I have just finished Christmas Cakes & Mistletoe Nights  by Carole Matthews, and am halfway through my favourite book of all time  Rosamunde Pilcher  Winter Solstice, I must have read this book at least 6 or 7 Times ,Rosamunde Pilcher is one of my favourite aurthers. 

But back to this year's new hobby and I am going to have a go at quilting, I am planning out a memory quilt and getting together some material, I am not so good at being very precise so it may be more of a crazy quilt with not a lot of measuring but will keep you posted.

Back to the needle felting I started with a kit my daughter Natalie bought me for Christmas last year it was to do a picture with fields and sheep,and I loved it I then scaled it down and made some greeting cards ,and here is a note book cover I did ,but I am really getting into 3D animals, and I hope to have a go at wet felting at some point.

Well I hope this is a good start to a new year of craft and chat and I will be back soon.

Challenges:

3 comments:

  1. Hi this a stunning notebook cover I love it. I help at felting workshops run by my talented friend. I have been lucky to do wet felting, needle felting and making 3d objects. One of my favourite things is to make pots. It is a great hobby enjoy. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards Challenge Blog December Anything Goes Challenge. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment,I would love to have a go at making a felt pot.

      Delete